35 New Elf on the Shelf Ideas: How to Elf in Balloon Super Cool Arrival!
How to get your Elf on the Shelf inside of a balloon–super fun arrival idea! And, its way easier than you would think to get your elf inside.
Tip: If you have an extra set of hands around, it is helpful for them to hold the elf while you stretch the balloon over him.
Steps to getting your Elf on the Shelf inside of the Balloon:
- Start with a 12″ balloon (these come in a 15 pack at the Dollar Store–NOT the 25 pack!). It may also be helpful to have an extra on hand, of the five times I’ve done this, I tore the balloon once.
- Blow up the balloon so that it gets stretched out.
- Let the air back out.
- Fold your Elf on the Shelf in half, if you have added wire to him to make him “bendy”, wrap his arms around his legs
- Begin to work the balloon up your Elf’s backside
- Keep working it up, don’t worry too much about ripping the balloon, it is surprisingly strong:
- Once you can pull the top of the balloon over Elf’s head, and have 1/2″ – 1″ sticking up you’ll have enough sticking up to start blowing the balloon up:
- Begin to blow the balloon up:
- Once its blown up enough you can push him inside:
- Continue blowing it up, these balloons can get really big! The bigger you make it, the easier it is to see him inside. Tie off the balloon.
- If his arms are still wrapped around him, shake the balloon until they come free:
And there you have it! Your Elf is inside the balloon now! Next, write your message with a magic marker or sharpie!
To return to the 35 New Elf on the Shelf Ideas (each with a Dollar Tree prop!) main page, CLICK HERE!