I just LOVE coming across new recipes that turn out awesome and that the WHOLE family enjoys (I hate having to make something separate for the kids!)
Here is why this recipe is a winner:
1) Don’t let the spinach and tomatoes scare you. My husband would normally not eat ANYTHING with spinach in it, but I used half of a frozen bag and it broke up into unrecognizably small pieces when cooked…neither him or the kids noticed! And I made sure to buy the “petite” diced tomatoes.
2) Easy Prep: Cook the sausage and then throw it all in the crockpot, my favorite kind of recipes!
3) Only 6 ingredients
4) It tasted gourmet! My husband and I both agreed that it tasted like something an Italian restaurant would serve.
1 Bag Frozen cheese tortellini (19 0z.)
1 Bag of fresh spinach
2 Cans Italian style diced tomatoes
2 Cans chicken broth
1 8oz. block of cream cheese
Please visit Key Ingredient for the preparation instructions.
I’ve made this quite a few times now and here are a few tips for success:
1) Use ITALIAN sausage, it may cost a little more, but the extra flavor is worth it!
2) If your family is skittish about spinach, use frozen like I mentioned above.
3) The generic Target store brand (Archer Farms) frozen cheese tortelini works well, as well as the unfrozen variety offered at Walmart. The Aldi brand of cheese tortellini did NOT taste good :(
4) Unlike many crockpot recipes, I wouldn’t recommend letting this one cook all day. The tortellini gets a little soft if you let it sit too long. 4 hours seems to be about the maximum I would let it cook.
It really is a great, easy dish, sure to impress your family or dinner guests!
>> If you have another minute, check out our most popular post: What Teachers REALLY want for Christmas (written by a TEACHER!)