From time to time I like to share really awesome recipes on here for this reason: I’ve found that
I despise cooking less enjoy cooking more when I have new recipes to try and really great recipes to come back to.
Especially when these recipes are relatively simple to make, don’t require much prep time and don’t include exotic ingredients (in other words, if I haven’t been to the grocery store in a week, there is still a good chance I have them on hand :).
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
The ingredients for this Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich are simple:
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
Modifications I have made to the Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
And, because I have made this many times, here are changes I’ve made that have all still resulted in an AWESOME sandwich.
- Add diced tomatoes (Originally I thought this included tomatoes so I put them on, it wasn’t until later I realized that the recipe didn’t call for them, but they are awesome, kind of grilled cheese meets BLT)
- Use regular sandwich bread instead of sour dough
- Add Chipotle Mayo (available in the mayo section at any grocery store)
- Use prepared guacamole from Aldi (plain or spicy–both taste great!)
- Skip the crushed tortilla chips (I usually skip this just because it is an extra step)
- Use different kinds of shredded cheese (I just use whatever I have on hand and it always works out)
I truly believe this is a recipe your whole family will love, even my pickiest eater (my husband), loved it!
More Popular posts:
>> What Teachers REALLY want for Christmas (Written by a Teacher!)
>> How to Opt Out of Gift Exchanges (without looking like a scrooge!)
>> 5 Creative Gift Baskets that I gave last year (and they LOVED!)
>> 25 Cool & Useful Christmas Gifts from Amazon Prime under $15 each