The kids had SO much fun trying to figure out how this Elf on the Shelf “Shrinking Machine” worked! And then they started brainstorming what else they could put in it. This one was DEFINITELY a hit even though it took a little longer to put together…but not too long!
Here’s how we made the Shrinking Machine:
- Start with a box: we used a saltine cracker box others could work, too.
- Wrap it leaving small openings in the end for the “conveyors” to go in. (I tried to make them fairly small so that the kids couldn’t see that the inside of the box was empty.
- Add the sign and conveyors. Voila! Your machine is ready to use!
I think this could also work well with oreo cookies, candy canes, or even legos and blocks if you have varied sizes!
[su_box title=”DID YOU KNOW??” box_color=”#c4f370″ title_color=”#dd012b” radius=”4″]We have a COMPLETE INDEX of Elf on the Shelf ideas?? EVERY Elf on the Shelf Idea ALL in ONE place!!! It has:
– Uniform picture sizes
– Its ordered new ideas to old
– and you can even make a saved ideas list!
Find the complete Elf on the Shelf Ideas List HERE!!![/su_box]
And we certainly hope your family has as much fun with this new Elf on the Shelf idea as we did creating it! We know it takes a little more set up time than other ideas, but we like to mix a few of these in each season. I think you’ll find that it is worth it! All our best to you and your Elf on the Shelf.
To print, download or save the Shrinking Machine Sign printable, click here:
Want to pin this idea? Here is a great picture for that (Thank you!):