Oh no! Why didn’t your Elf on the Shelf move last night??
It happens to the best of us! Your Elf on the Shelf didn’t move last night…but don’t worry! We’ve compiled every idea on the web for you. So just pick one of these, and you’re good to go!
So let’s cut to the chase, Elf didn’t move, the kids are wondering why, just say “I have no idea why he didn’t move, maybe I’ll google it quick!”
This buys you a little time and you can quickly pull up this list…
40 Reasons your Elf on the Shelf didn’t move:
- Someone got out of bed (if Elf hears movement he won’t move for risk of being seen)
- It’s too warm in your house compared to the North Pole, he’s forgotten what to do!
- Elf would rather not report bad behavior, he saw what you did yesterday, you have one day to correct it
- He’s saving his energy for a BIG surprise tomorrow
- Someone touched your Elf on the Shelf
- He fell asleep waiting for you to fall asleep, go to bed earlier tonight!
- Elf was not allowed to leave: Special black out dates
- Bad Weather, not safe for Elves to fly in
- Elf is Tired
- He’s frozen and can’t move
- Elves are afraid of heights and he is too scared to move
- He’s waiting to go until he has something good to report, do something good today!
- Oh no, Elf has the flu (or other illness)
- He tricked you! He left and came back to the exact same spot
- Fell Asleep, it’s hard work being an Elf!
- Dog or cat kept moving so he had to stay still
- It was too windy last night so he couldn’t fly
- Ate too many Christmas treats and was too full to move
- He worked from home and sent an email to Santa
- He might be stuck in place, let’s see what happens tomorrow
- He forgot he was in that place yesterday
- You probably woke up too early, try going back to bed and see if he has moved
- He’s finally found his favorite spot (every Elf has one)
- This is the best viewpoint to observe your behavior
- It was extra busy at the North Pole and he didn’t have energy to find a new spot
- He heard movement and got back into place quick
- Maybe he’s a fake and our real Elf is hiding somewhere else
- Maybe his arm or leg is stuck and he couldn’t move
- Maybe this time he is going to move during the day
- Your dad/mom/sister accidentally touched him so he couldn’t move
- He can see the TV really well from here, I think he stayed up all night watching!
- He forgot his keys and is waiting for them to come in the mail
- Maybe that’s not actually our Elf? Did another come in his place?
- Once it gets closer to Christmas the Elves only go back every other night
- There’s not enough Christmas Spirit around, try singing loud for all to hear!
- Yesterday was a Holiday so he didn’t have to work, we should really request a copy of his schedule!
- He stayed up late playing with your new toys and didn’t have time to think of a new spot
- It was too cold to leave last night
- He just likes our house SO much he hates leaving
- I have no idea!
Of course, we recommend setting an alarm on your phone so this type of thing doesn’t happen again. But, no matter what the reason your Elf on the Shelf didn’t move, at least we have you covered!
We hope you’re having a great month with your Elf on the Shelf!!
Want to introduce a new tradition at your house where Elf works FOR you???
NEW Elf on the Shelf Ideas!
If you’re Elf on the Shelf gets stuck in a poor place where he can’t stay all day (like an ice block in the middle of the bathtub!), you’ll definitely need one of these! The Magic Elf on the Shelf Moving Glove: