Tidy house tips: For the last 37 years, I have seen myself as a messy person.
I’ve felt fortunate that I found minimalism along the way. By reducing the inventory in our house, it has made it much more manageable and easier to keep clean.
But it has still felt like A LOT of work to keep our house tidy and clean. Until recently, it was still never second nature and certainly not enjoyable to tidy up.
And then I had a light bulb moment while listening to a podcast by James Clear, author of Automic Habits. He talked about how our actions and habits flow from HOW WE SEE OURSELVES.
So, if I see myself as a messy person, I will continue to act like a messy person. If I see myself as a TIDY person, I will act like a tidy person. Mind blown.
A few more thoughts on small changes that lead to big results:
This video is a follow-up to the YouTube video I created about becoming a tidy person (that video is further down!). Now that I’ve experienced success with seeing myself as a tidy person, I wanted to try it out on being a healthier person!
- Applying the principles I learned in Atomic Habits to intermittent fasting, and why I wasn’t succeeding
- The mental shift I needed to make to succeed
- How I’m still really enjoying Blinkist and the ability to hear the highlights of books that have been impactful to me (you can use the link for a free 7 day trial and 25% off your membership!)
How to Become a Tidy Person
- The mental shift from being a messy person to a clean person and what finally clicked!
- How seeing myself as a messy person made it very difficult to keep our house clean (even after I had significantly simplified it!)
- How this has been MUCH easier than I would have ever imagined :)
You can find Atomic Habits by James Clear on Amazon or you can try out the 7 day free trial of Blinkist HERE and also receive 25% off of membership.
Don’t miss these popular ideas, too!
DIY Sponge Paint Wallpaper (Pottery Barn Copycat for only $4!)
If you haven’t seen our sponge-painted bathroom, you won’t want to miss it. SO easy, fun, and affordable!
Copy Cat Nothing Bundt Cakes Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
You literally just dump the ingredients into the mixer, pour into your bundt pan, and remove the most beautiful, moist, flavorful cake you have ever tasted! Guaranteed to make you look like a baking show host! (Seriously!!!)
7 (SUPER) Easy Treats for Kids –> the Donut Hole Skewers are a favorite at our house!
Looking for some fun new snack ideas for playdates, park dates and pot lucks? If you’re hosting kids, you’ll want to test out these fun and SIMPLE ideas!
Dairy-Free Raspberry Ice Cream (EASY!!)
Summer would not be complete without sweet frozen treats! And when they’re a little healthy, it’s even better. You’ll quickly perfect this dairy-free ice cream and love making it again and again!
Thanks for stopping by!
We’d love to know, how do you see yourself? Do you think this impacts how you act?
Books I’m really enjoying right now:
We’d love it if you shared this on Pinterest! THANK YOU!!