With an abundance of fresh peaches to use up, I was on the search for an easy peach dessert recipe that I would just happen to have all of the ingredients on hand for. And then I found this wonderful, wonderful Peach Cobbler Recipe. The Pros: > It was quick and easy to put together > Sugar, butter, flour…simple ingredients that you probably have in your cupboard > Tasted GREAT! The Cons: > Absolutely none!
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Cut the butter into pieces and put it in a 9×13 inch baking pan. Put the pan in the oven while it preheats, allowing the butter to melt. Once the butter is melted, remove the pan from the oven.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, until it’s just combined. Pour this mixture over the melted butter and smooth it out evenly.
4. Place the sliced peaches, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and stir to combine.
5. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
6. Remove peaches from heat and spoon over the flour and butter mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Tips: 4 cups of peach slices ended up being about 5 large peaches.
And DEFINITELY make sure that you have vanilla ice cream to serve with it…the perfect summertime treat!
If you’d like to see more of my favorite recipes, relationship ideas, and activities to keep kids busy, follow us on Pinterest!